Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MDD Way too cold to do anything outside Simulation
(01-19-2024, 05:40 PM)Whatever Wrote: By that logic, Jackson Carman would be great.  Mims has great talent, but the more I look into him, the inexperience frightens me in the short term and the injury history and inability to stay on the field scares me in the long run.  He's very boom/bust.  If I wasn't adding a stopgap in FA, I would probably go a safer pick at T in the 1st.

My assumption is that Reader won't be ready to start the season.  Hence, the backup having to start.  If you're operating under the assumption that Reader will be ready to start the season, then a new contract for him plus a 2nd rounder on his backup/rotation player is an awfully large investment.  

Did you forget DJ Ivey?  Sounds like it.  

TE isn't a need?  Sanders would either start immediately or see a lot of play time.  Same with Benson at RB.  My theory would be take immediate contributers in areas of need instead of taking a backup for worse value.

Mixon is steadily deteriorating and overpaid for what he brings.  Brown deserves some touches and has big play ability, but his vision is terrible and he takes a ton of negative plays.  Way too many to trust as an every down back.

Sanders cannot block and when you don't block for the Bengals you do not play TE. Hudson is a good young TE but he started the season on the PS because he needed to improve his blocking.

I like Ivey but he is coming off a terrible injury and know one knows how he will come back from that and he also did not see many early snaps. Having a 7th round Ivey should not deter them at all from selecting a CB.

I am not sure where you got the terrible vision bit on Chase Brown but that could not be any less accurate. I have even went back and scoured draft evaluations of Brown and nowhere was vision remotely mentioned as an issue rather exactly the opposite:

Quote:
  • His vision is outstanding, and he has an innate understanding of when to go and when to sit back and wait for blocks to develop. Brown thrives as a one-cut back

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Chase-Brown-RB-Illinois
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: MDD Way too cold to do anything outside Simulation - OSUfan - 01-19-2024, 08:02 PM