Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First PFN Simulation '24
RD. 2 - 49th Selection:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTecLd0rNcUShg2tLifzFN...g&usqp=CAU]

44) T'Vondre Sweat - DT - Texas - 6'4" 346

Everyone, I am reasonably certain, would like to DJ Reader re-signed as would I. If Reader is back this is an great value selection to give him relief at the NT position and if he is not back it is an even better value selection as it gives us a high level young player to start at the position. I would like to see Sweat drop about 15 pounds to increase his mobility but even at his current weight he has shown outstanding movement for a man his size. Sweat brings elite ability to take on double teams and keep other defenders clean to make plays while also showing the ability to defeat double teams and make plays himself. While he is not considered a pass rushing threat he has certainly shown the ability to push the pocket into the face of the QB.

Stopping the run in the AFC North is a must and Sweat absolutely brings this as a strength. Again, I would like to see some weight dropped to improve his movement and stamina which should also give him a bit more explosion off of the snap but overall fits exactly what is needed to compete in the North.

Still on the board with this selection: 40) T. Guyton - OT

RD. 2 - 50th Selection:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsrFfqYGZCuwyukXSyL0-...g&usqp=CAU]

46) Trey Benson - RB - Florida State - 6'1" 223

Benson suffered a horrific knee injury as a true freshman in '20 but has come back to show that he is over that injury and that there are no ill effects of the injury. Benson is on the verge of being a freak with the speed and movement he has shown to go with his size. What really stands out when watching Benson is his elite vision and his acceleration thru the hole. While he may not have elite long speed he has more than enough functional speed to take it to the house. Another ability that stands out on tape is his natural ability in pass protection. For a RB he really squares up rushers and appears to be very willing in a pass protection role.

Has not been used heavily as a receiver but has shown natural hands when he has been give the opportunity. A combination of Benson and Brown make for an elite level backfield for the Bengals and allows them to move on from Mixon who, while being a great teammate, just has not brought the explosiveness needed to scare opposing defenses.

Still on the board with this selection: 40) T. Guyton - OT, 45) S. Van Pran - C
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
First PFN Simulation '24 - OSUfan - 01-20-2024, 11:25 AM
RE: First PFN Simulation '24 - OSUfan - 01-20-2024, 11:43 AM
RE: First PFN Simulation '24 - OSUfan - 01-20-2024, 12:07 PM
RE: First PFN Simulation '24 - OSUfan - 01-20-2024, 12:30 PM
RE: First PFN Simulation '24 - OSUfan - 01-20-2024, 12:56 PM
RE: First PFN Simulation '24 - Stewy - 01-20-2024, 03:22 PM
RE: First PFN Simulation '24 - WhoDeyK - 01-20-2024, 04:04 PM
First PFN Simulation '24 - Rotobeast - 01-22-2024, 06:23 AM