Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reliable Source Says Tee Wants To Stay Here, Likely Tagged
(01-19-2024, 07:56 PM)depthchart Wrote: I am sort of in the middle between both of your opinions in a way.

I think TEE gets a lot of Extra Credit by Fans for just how COOL it looks when he makes some of his catches.

His best seasons are 1,029 yards and 1,091 yards which I see as replaceable numbers if a decent replacement was selected.

With that said, I do think TEE could become a Top 20 #1 receiver with a possibility of maybe proving to be better than that.

From there it comes down to Money the Bengals will have to pay versus possible replacements if TEE is say a Tag & Trade possibility.

A one year rental from here ? or  longer term contract ? or  Trade options ?

I simply would do some Hard Thinking about every option if I were the Bengals over the next few months. (Free Agency/Draft)
I'm the same being in the middle because, like I say below, does he put up those numbers without Burrow throwing him the ball and/or Chase drawing coverage?

I agree and I hope that his agent isn't filing his head with stupid thoughts like "oh, you can be a Hall of Famer on another team and make more than you ever imagined!"

Glad Drew Rosendouche isn't his agent.

Let's hope Tee makes the smartest decision for his future!
(01-19-2024, 10:15 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Think about were a lot of these kids come from. And most don’t have a 4 year college degree. They need to make as much as the can for the 4-8 years they play in the league. They’ve worked hard their whole life and this is their one and only chance to cash in. I think you go for the money.

That's exactly what I'm saying though: coming from nothing and not having a 4-year degree (and let's be honest, how many took "real" classes? I went to a d3 school and a lot of athletes took stupid classes that had no relevance to the real world), wouldn't they want stability and making sure their future is set more than a more money short-term? 

I guess it's kind of a double edged sword because you can look at it as more guaranteed or more stability and (maybe) more overall money, but then there's also the chance of getting hurt. Or if he's offered more money here but less guaranteed, it might be good for him because he knows that, barring injury (a big IF), he could make more money here with a better chance at succeeding with more stability.

At this point, he's already made a little over 10 million, and let's say he has taken home half, so five million. You could say that's enough, but he has a better shot at succeeding here opposite of Chase and making more money in the long run, and that's not even considering that he has Burrow here throwing him the ball.

Would he succeed with another quarterback and no Chase? Let's also not forget that Burrow hasn't been protected by a good line for an entire season (or at all?) yet.

I obviously don't know if he has saved all that or invested or what, so I can't really say what's best for him, but it looks like the safer bet to make more money and extend his career is here.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reliable Source Says Tee Wants To Stay Here, Likely Tagged - BFritz21 - 01-20-2024, 02:56 PM