Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fans criticize NBC for editing out CJ Stroud's praises toward Jesus
(01-19-2024, 10:18 AM)GMDino Wrote: I don't get it.

It's weird he didn't show the clip (I found it) but also...this is a controversy worthy of criticism?

Players thank their god for winning (never blame them when the lose though...lol) all the time.  They pray on the field, in the locker room. 

Millions of people probably saw him live too. 

One edited clip on twitter seems to a strange hill to die on, but as a recovering Catholic I understand how this country works:

If you're not outraged about YOU being silenced you're doing it wrong.

This response isn't necessarily directed to you but more so to everyone in this thread that is sharing the similar sentiment you have here.

I don't get why people can't be upset about this and criticize it. As mentioned in the clip, there's plenty of worse things the media doesn't censor but for some reason felt the need to sensor C.J. mentioning Jesus Christ? Why?

How is that not a fair question? 

What compelled them to do something that would obviously rub Christians the wrong way? You say it's a strange hill to die on criticizing this, but I think it's the other way around. Why would NBC even take the risk of editing something like this out?

"To get to the football answer" like pally said in their post in this thread?

You guys do realize that the time C.J. spent talking about Jesus in that moment was all of 3 seconds right? He wasn't reciting Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Yet NBC felt the need to edit it out? Yes, strange hill to die on indeed.

People are acting like it's ridiculous to criticize this but I think it's completely fair actually. Multiple people have already admitted they saw him say it live on the air, so what's the big deal right? Well, the big deal is NBC is the one that aired it live. So again I will ask, why was NBC so compelled to edit it out?

Perhaps the response to that will be "NBC didn't edit it out, they just retweeted an edited video".

But why? They aired the game people. Why even repost an edited video when you're literally one of the media outlets that hosted the game?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fans criticize NBC for editing out CJ Stroud's praises toward Jesus - Matt_Crimson - 01-22-2024, 12:26 AM