Poll: If Tyler Boyd was used as the #2 WR in 2024 – How well would he do ? – POLL
600 yards or less
601 to 700 yards
701 to 800 yards
801 to 900 yards
901 to 1,000 yards
Over 1,000 yards
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
If Tyler Boyd was used as the #2 WR in 2024 – How well would he do ? – POLL
(01-23-2024, 09:48 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I disagree on Hudson and you do understand in Hudson 1st real opportunity he would have topped Fants best year given the snaps. I did not put Schultz down since I think he will be resigned but I don't think Henry will

I understand what you're saying, but that's not how that works. That's never been how that works. If Hudson was given more snaps, he'd have to actually block a lot more. Hudson only had 26 blocking snaps out of his 246 heading into the final week, and only 2 of them were passing block snaps. Meanwhile Drew Sample was blocking on 272 of his 450 snaps. If he wants those snaps, he has to take those blocks.

It's the same reason why BJ Hill didn't become a 9-10 sack DT like Geno Atkins going from 47% of the defensive snaps in 2021 to >70% each of the last two years. Being a starter and getting more snaps means you also need to do more that doesn't give you opportunities for stats, and tire yourself out more. For Hill that meant playing more run defense.

Not to mention without Higgins and Boyd around, he'd get a whole lot more attention on him in coverage moving from the 5th target in the passing game to the 2nd or 3rd at lowest on top of having to actually be a proper blocker.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Tyler Boyd was used as the #2 WR in 2024 – How well would he do ? – POLL - TheLeonardLeap - 01-23-2024, 10:16 PM