Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Marvin Lewis..back in the NFL?
(01-24-2024, 06:48 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Sled, when I mentioned dodging I meant dodging the fact Marvin has the 2nd highest winning percentage of all Bengal coaches.

I never used the words Marvin and great in a sentence, that was you did that.
All that I said again and again and again is if Marvin was a horrible or mediocre coach what about all the other Bengal coaches with the exception of Forrest Gregg that have a Bengals career of a losing record and that includes Paul Brown who brought the team out of the basement but couldn't get them on the bus??? It is what it is.

P.S. I wish Burrow was on Marvin's team and Zac was stuck with Andy Dalton and see things would have blossomed. Wait Andy was on Zac's team and that is how we got Joe Burrow[who is light years better then Dalton, Palmer and Kitna] who Marvin was stuck with.

So again was Marvin a great coach? No!!! But even Vince Lombardi could not work with Mike Brown[who is the real villain].

So was Marvin a mediocre coach? Maybe, but that leaves a lot of former Bengal coaches who have sub .500 records as Bengal coaches worse then Marvin. It is what it is. { I like that phrase Tongue}

No one's arguing we have had some crappy coaches. No one is arguing that. I didn't think we really needed to discuss if Shula et all were horrible coaches. Of course they were. Of all the coaches we had, Marvin is nowhere near the worst, nor is he the best. He was simply mediocre. He could win in the regular season, but crapped the bed every time we had a Prime Time or playoff game. He simply did not or could not perform on the big stage. Sunday at 1, he was ok. 
As for Burrow on Marvin's team, Marvin had Palmer, who at that time was a top tier QB in the league just like Burrow is now. He didn't do anything with him. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Marvin Lewis..back in the NFL? - pally - 01-19-2024, 06:55 PM
RE: Marvin Lewis..back in the NFL? - tms - 01-20-2024, 05:25 PM
RE: Marvin Lewis..back in the NFL? - Housh - 01-20-2024, 06:44 PM
RE: Marvin Lewis..back in the NFL? - Sled21 - 01-25-2024, 09:34 AM
RE: Marvin Lewis..back in the NFL? - pally - 01-21-2024, 03:16 AM
Marvin Lewis..back in the NFL? - Rotobeast - 01-23-2024, 08:08 PM
RE: Marvin Lewis..back in the NFL? - pally - 02-01-2024, 11:04 PM