Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birthday MDD No Trade Simulation
RD. 1 - 18th Selection

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLOpswUDthS5Hu0KWPOj1...w&usqp=CAU]

JC Latham - OT - Alabama - 6'6" 330

Having Latham still sitting there at #18 falls right into the Bengals lap. I have heard some negative things from posters about Latham but when I watch film on this guy I see the most NFL ready RT prospect in the draft. He checks every box at the position with length, width, and anchor while displaying outstanding awareness. He has went against the best competition in the country and has competed at an elite level while doing so. I have not seen a tackle graded above Latham that generates more pure natural power. He dominates his opponents and is a dozer in the running game. He has also displayed enough athleticism and movement to be a candidate for LT if needed.

RD. 2 - 49th Selection

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSWvj9Elk951-LU9LvpCu...A&usqp=CAU]

Jackson Powers-Johnson - C - Oregon - 6'3" 320

The top center in the draft and just a nasty competitor at the position. Jackson looks to impose his will on defenders on every single snap and does not appear to happy just blocking them but would rather put them on the ground. Powers-Johnson and Latham embodies that attitude that is needed in the AFC North division. Jackson is just physically dominating at the center position and while he does not have elite length he uses the power he generates to make up for it. Jackson brings position versatility having logged snaps for Oregon at C, both guard positions, and RT. The best description I have heard for Jackson is that he is just a football player and even helped out at DT during the Alamo Bowl due to injuries.

Jackson gives the Bengals the opportunity to put truly the best 5 linemen on the field as Karras has also played OG at the NFL level and could replace Volson at LG.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Birthday MDD No Trade Simulation - OSUfan - 01-28-2024, 04:16 PM
RE: Birthday MDD No Trade Simulation - OSUfan - 01-28-2024, 04:43 PM