Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birthday MDD No Trade Simulation
RD. 3 - 80th Selection

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmH9kdNwe_qYNJwO5qesa...Q&usqp=CAU]

Trey Benson - RB - Florida State - 6'1" 223

You hear the terms beast or special thrown around a lot but Benson is a back that I truly believe is special. Benson has elite explosion thru the hole as well as elite feet. He has regularly put on display outstanding vision and processing skills. He is powerfully built and while he has not carried a heavy workload as a receiver he has shown to be a natural receiver when he has been called upon. Benson brings the ability to immediately hit a hole a get thru it as soon as it opens rather than the lineman having to sustain blocks for extended periods rather they can disengage and look to get to the second level. The duo of Benson and Brown give the Bengals two backs with excellent explosion and quickness that are efficient and able in pass protection as well.

A new and welcome era in the Bengals running game.

RD. 4 - 115th Selection

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiACVMD_M5Cn95ObVGvgl...A&usqp=CAU]

McKinnley Jackson - DT - Texas A&M - 6'2" 325

I know many would like to get Sweat out of Texas but he was off the board in the second round and honestly I feel that improving the offensive line must be the primary focus and with that in mind I believe Powers-Johnson probably provided a better value if Sweat was still available.

Not only does Jackson bring a powerful player at the NT position but he brings excellence in leadership. As a junior last season for A&M he took home multiple awards that included Defensive Leadership Award, Defensive MVP, and the teams Strength and Conditioning Award. Jackson brings a high motor, outstanding football IQ, and very violent hands to go with his explosiveness off of the line. He lacks elite length but that has not stopped him from wreaking havoc on opposing backfields. He will need to continue to develop his skills in taking on double teams but being able to consistently demand double teams should keep other defenders clean to make plays.

If Reader returns then Jackson provides and excellent heir apparent to take significant snaps and keep Reader fresh but if he does not return then he provides a capable player to fight for the starting NT position.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Birthday MDD No Trade Simulation - OSUfan - 01-28-2024, 04:16 PM
RE: Birthday MDD No Trade Simulation - OSUfan - 01-28-2024, 05:03 PM