Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birthday MDD No Trade Simulation
RD. 5 - 147th Selection

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTM89Grv2JObwNta7socBR...A&usqp=CAU]

DeWayne Carter - DT - Duke - 6'3" 305

I had no intention of taking back to back DTs until Carter was sitting there in the Bengals lap. When I watch Carter play I have some flashbacks to Geno and Carter could be that 3 tech that the Bengals have been searching for since Geno. He is not as productive a pass rusher as Geno but he plays with similar leverage and explosion and shines as a dominant run stopper. That does not mean that he cannot get after the passer but rather he needs to refine this portion of his game a bit more.

Carter plays with outstanding strength and displays a high football IQ which should be expected from a player at Duke. He does not have great length but just like Geno he counters that by playing with outstanding leverage. Carter is a player that will most certainly push Hill for major snaps on the Bengals front.

RD. 5 - 174th Selection

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbzk4miaQNSCjxpqp4NM9...A&usqp=CAU]

Johnny Dixon - CB - Penn State - 6'0" 196

I had intended to target a WR or TE with selection until Dixon was sitting there at the top of the board. Dixon comes pretty complete at the CB position and checks the boxes of a high end man cover corner at the NFL level. He has displayed outstanding route awareness to go with outstanding acceleration, length, and ball skills. He is going to have to continue to improve himself as a tackler and refine his use of his hands but he brings qualities to the DB room that just cannot be coached. Is an excellent addition to the defensive backfield especially if the do not return Chido.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Birthday MDD No Trade Simulation - OSUfan - 01-28-2024, 04:16 PM
RE: Birthday MDD No Trade Simulation - OSUfan - 01-28-2024, 05:29 PM