Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birthday MDD No Trade Simulation
RD. 6 - 195th Selection

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTiLbevBnkkSt1k0QwB-Hw...g&usqp=CAU]

Theo Johnson - TE - Penn State - 6'6" 260

The Bengals return to Penn State and select a very interesting TE prospect. Johnson is a technically sound and experienced inline blocker as well as offering some real match up issues as a receiver. I believe that the Bengals will return both Hudson and Sample and Johnson should make an outstanding addition to the room. Aside from being a developed blocker Johnson has shown natural hands, good route running, and the ability to produce yards after the catch. Johnson brings enough long speed to challenge the back end of the defense and to give trouble to linebackers attempting to run with him.

With continued growth I could see Johnson being a high end starting NFL TE.

RD. 7 - 234th Selection

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRl9ZFREegvwzGYs-fWJl5...Q&usqp=CAU]

Michael Barrett - LB - Michigan - 6'0" 239

Pratt and Wilson have proven themselves to be high end NFL backers but behind them the Bengals have a real talent drop off. Barrett should go a long way in closing that gap. Much like Pratt and Wilson he seems to be able to produce in all phases of the game with his strength being in coverage. He is a sound tackler and has shown outstanding ball skills. Barrett will need to continue to build upon his abilities to consistently stop the run and to diagnose in the run game. Overall he is a pretty sound prospect that should fit well in the room.

RD. 7 - 251st Selection

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbIVHjsngNnkWxdRL9TJW...g&usqp=CAU]

Bub Means - WR - Pitt - 6'2" 215

How this kid is still sitting there I do not know but I found no reason to pass on the selection after watching tape on this kid. He certainly shows the skills to be higher than a 7th round selection and has attributes that you cannot coach. He is a big target that on tape shows the ability to get behind the defense and seems to show high end ball tracking skills. I am sure he has things he will have to refine and improve upon at the NFL level but he sure looks like a worthy receiving project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C9ad-lpV3I
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Birthday MDD No Trade Simulation - OSUfan - 01-28-2024, 04:16 PM
RE: Birthday MDD No Trade Simulation - OSUfan - 01-28-2024, 05:55 PM