Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Newest Gun Control Bill in Virginia
(01-29-2024, 01:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: I was merely responding to the fear of someone being able to take away your rights.  As you say, it happens.

Except it's not permanent, as it is when you can no longer have a carry license.  A temporary loss of freedom is necessary when investigating a crime, but it's just that.  Unless you are convicted of said crime, in which case it can be rather more permanent.  

Quote:I don't know why you hate doctors though! (See how dumb that sounds?) I'm 100% positive though that you have a good friend who is a doctor.

No, your statement would have validity if I constantly made posts shitting on doctors, or entire threads dedicated to shitting on doctors.  I know some of it is done to bait me, because that's the type of dude you are.  But most of it is done because you genuinely don't like law enforcement.  Your protestations otherwise mean little in comparison to what you actually post on a regular basis.  As for your Jr. High level dig on the fact that I actually have a large social circle, one of my best friend's uncle actually owns a hospital, but I'm not personally acquainted with any medical doctors.  Having a lot of friends apparently confuses you.

Quote:For once you're almost completely right.  I'm sure there is something I've disagreed with as I am not a robot but in general Democrats tend to have policies that help people.  Those I support.  When they want to attack the rights of people I tend to disagree.  For example I have stated multiple times I believe in 2A.  I'm not sure if there is a way to suppress the gun violence in this country, but eliminating that right would be wrong.

Yeah, the fact that you can't name a policy immediately is rather telling.  As for the Dems having policies that "help people" the last four years have proved that to be laughably, and tragically, false.  I do see something positive here, you're at least acknowledging the fact that you're an ideological follower.  Maybe at some point you'll start branching out and thinking outside those boundaries.    Regardless, acknowledging you have a problem is the first step.

Quote:Irony being dead aside, I was referring to the "patriots" who felt the need to open carry everything into get their morning coffee just to "make a point".  To me they are no different than when the right complains about gay people or trans people "shoving it down their throat" by being in public.

This is a terrible analogy, you're conflating yourself with the people who object to the existence of gay/trans people.  Didn't really think this one through, did you?

Quote:I agree with others who said if gun owners are irresponsible they need to be held accountable.  I think that's something most people would think is reasonable.

Leaving your property in a locked vehicle is a poor idea, but it's not criminal.  What is criminal is breaking in to said car to take that property.  This is the literal equivalent of blaming a woman for being raped because she was dressed provocatively.  The criminal would never have broken into your car if you hadn't tempted them, no? 

Quote:Is this particular bill reasonable?  Maybe.  Maybe there's a better way too.

Then actually make an argument instead of fence sitting.

(01-29-2024, 01:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: So the person who breaks into your car...are they free from punishment?  Or is that already a law and if they are caught they would be held accountable under that law?

I'd think left and right would agree that theft is already a crime.

Indeed.  Criminalizing the victim of said crime, or potential crime, seems like adding injury to injury.  If you leave your front door unlocked, and are known to do so, should you be punished when someone burglarizes your home?  What if you own firearms?  

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Newest Gun Control Bill in Virginia - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 01-29-2024, 01:35 PM