Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Maher agrees with Fake News Narrative
(01-29-2024, 01:44 PM)Stewy Wrote: *shrugs*  I do not click on anything FOX news related ,so I guess I should thank you for clarifying.  Willful ignorance on my part I suppose.  
However, my analysis of the OP's motivations stands.
FYI - I am not a liberal.  I read multiple, middle of the road news sites.  FOX is just not among them because it isn't a NEWS site, but entertainment.

Agreed.

Fox is on record--court record--admitting its business model is to provide its audience with the news they want to hear. "Neither red nor blue but Green."

That's a rather different standard from NYT and WaPo.

One way of Fox pushing back against its widespread loss of credibility is to undermine that of news sources,
who take much more care in vetting sources.

Enter Bill Maher, a liberal, certainly, but no "far leftist" as the Right likes to portray him. He makes a general statement about "liberal" news
following a "narrative," including our flagship organizations, and that instantly sanctions a round of "both sidesism" and false
equivalence, as if all were really Fox News if we are being "honest." 

This just suggests to me that many people do not really think much about how news should be read by news consumers.
Many just imagine "objective" news and find "bias" here and there to buttress their own beliefs. Since no one can be a
first hand witness to all news events, they are relying on some sources and reporters some where for news--including
determination that other sources are "fake news"--but mostly relying on "personal credibility" of sources. That's why so much is
made of WHO said what in OP, and little question of his powers of assessment.

For anyone serious in demanding accurate and reliable news sources, Trump's presidency should be a lessen what follows from
declaring anything you don't like "fake news" and creating a "narrative" that it is just everywhere.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Maher agrees with Fake News - GMDino - 01-27-2024, 02:16 PM
RE: Maher agrees with Fake News Narrative - Dill - 01-29-2024, 03:16 PM