Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our drafting has sucked lately
(01-29-2024, 05:54 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You forgot Jonah.

I think we can all agree that the trench drafting has not been great, but:

1. We've brought in a ton of FAs (as you noted), so they have not been as big a priority (clearly).
2. The vast majority of these picks are 3rd round and below: only Carman, Murphy, Jonah and Price were 1st/2nd rounders. As we all know, there are more misses, the later in the draft you go.
3. Hubbard, Sample, Murphy, Jonah, Volson have all carved out nice little careers as starters or valuable role players and none of them are truly ghastly (though Volson is still the weak link, of course).

If we were drafting trenches in the first or second every draft and had this many hits, then there is a very serious issue, but yes, to have THIS MANY picks in the lower round with no decent starter on D and only one O, is bad.

Again, these are later round picks, but you need to have success there as well. I'm not talking 75% success rate, I'm saying give me at least like a 10% success rate. 

And again, it's not so much that they are missing, but they are missing MASSIVELY on these picks. A lot of these guys never even saw the field. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our drafting has sucked lately - WeezyBengal - 01-29-2024, 06:01 PM
RE: Our drafting has sucked lately - Nepa - 01-31-2024, 11:17 PM
RE: Our drafting has sucked lately - jason - 01-30-2024, 03:21 PM
RE: Our drafting has sucked lately - jason - 01-30-2024, 04:49 PM