Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Newest Gun Control Bill in Virginia
(01-29-2024, 02:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yeah, my fault for trying to have a conversation.  All I get is attacks and insults.

Yeah, you didn't start the insults in this thread at all.  It's amazing how you guys love to play the victim

Quote:One thing worth responding to is that *I* am not conflating myself with anyone.  I said people who open carried just to "protest" any threat of a gun law are the same people complaining about gay people or cross-dressers being in public and "forcing it down their throats".  So I'm half joking that people will just leave guns on their hoods to "protest".

I think you misread what I wrote.

No, I read it right.

Quote:On topic I think the idea behind the bill is reasonable but I don't know it is enforceable or going to do anything to help with the problem of gun violence.  So since I can't say for sure I will "stay on the fence" as you put it.  Fortunately (and this I know you will agree with) I am not in a position to have to make such decisions.  I can only offer my thoughts on it as was asked in the OP.

You think it's reasonable to criminalize behavior that could potentially lead others to engage in actual crimes?  And you think my analogy to the woman dressed in a sexual manner was a bridge too far?  This kind of mentality is a major factor in our national decline.  No more being responsible for your own behavior, I had to burglarize the car your honor, the woman left he purse in plain view!  How am I supposed to not steal it?!

People used to drive around with a long gun in a rack in their rear window.  I remember seeing it all the time as a kid.  I guess thieves back then had more restraint.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Newest Gun Control Bill in Virginia - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 01-29-2024, 06:06 PM