Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why do Democrats fear a 3rd Party Candidate?
(01-30-2024, 09:36 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If you type "which party fears a 3rd party candidate" into your search bar, it seems that all of the results are stories about Democrats being fearful of a 3rd Party candidate.  This is a puzzling notion, as the only election seriously impacted by a 3rd party in my lifetime was the '92 Presidential election, where H. Ross Perot gained nearly 20 million popular votes and pretty much handed the election to Bill Clinton.  This article is just the most recent one I saw that focuses on the great fear that current democrats have of a 3rd party candidate.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/01/27/clinton-pollster-2024-00138163

My personal opinion is  about the current political climate.

Among voters republicans know that with P01135809 they will get X number of votes no matter what.

No third party can take away that 3-40% who idolize him and will select him over anyone and everyone.

Democrats cannot say that.  Biden was not a 1st choice in 2020.  But he was the only alternative to the wannabe dictator.  If they had a better candidate this time they would fear it less.

A 3rd, moderate candidate, would suck more votes away from Democrats than republicans.

If P01135809 ran as a 3rd party candidate it would have the opposite affect.

Again, IMHO, I don't think it goes any deeper than that.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do Democrats fear a 3rd Party Candidate? - GMDino - 01-30-2024, 10:11 AM