Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why do Democrats fear a 3rd Party Candidate?
(01-30-2024, 12:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Both sides fear 3rd party candidates, and the whole Ross Perot thing showed them that they lose their iron grip when you let an independent get even a fraction of that legitimization that comes from being part of the actual election/debate cycle.  Simply put, the worst thing any American can imagine now is "the other side" winning, and 3rd party candidates can always be viewed as convincing people on YOUR side to vote 3rd party which will cause your side to lose because people on the other side are braindead morons who would vote for any pile of literal or figurative crap with the party letter on it.

I'd say both sides fear a 3rd party ruining it for their side now because both sides admit they have unpopular candidates and they know people on their own side are smart and fair and might see value in supporting a 3rd party candidate for their own ego or as a statement, but the other side?  Oh, the other side is gonna win because the Trump/anti-Trump voters are a monolithic cult that won't show enough brainpower to waiver from their side.

Also, I'd argue the GOP has been paralyzed with fear of a 3rd party insofar as Trump himself has made it clear that if the GOP tries to move on from him he has the voter/financial support and inclination to create his own party which will effectively make the non-Trump GOP hopeless on the national stage.

I guess you missed the GOP wanted to declare Trump the nominee las week, but Trump said no to the party leaders. Why would you twhink at the stage the GOP would move on from their candidate beating Haley by over 60% Nationally?

Manchin is who the Democrats fear, he is a Democrat and would take more votes from Biden. Also, it appears RFK Jr. could end up being Trump's running mate. This could very interesting very quick if Manchin enters, then RFK Jr. joins the Trump ticket.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do Democrats fear a 3rd Party Candidate? - Luvnit2 - 01-30-2024, 01:52 PM