Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our drafting has sucked lately
(01-30-2024, 01:05 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: I been making this point for years honestly.  And there’s always an army of blind faith bengals who defend em.  We need to be better in the draft especially upfront.  Mainly the oline.  Pollack is wayyyyyy overhyped coming from Dallas.  Who has he developed honestly name 1.  Volson can go with pollack.  But even when we took Ross at 9.  It was the dumbest pick even before the pick.  He was a 1 trick pony tiny as hell in a big man’s game and u took him at 9 overall cuz he ran fast.  Just piss poor.  U can’t miss on those picks.  Ross was horribly.  Hell the first time he touched the ball on an end around Malik hooker sent him and the ball 3 rows up.  Look at the chiefs.  They let guys go and the replace em no problem.  I was banging the table for Trey smith and Humphrey all off season and we go jackson carman.  I look at him once.  I don’t get it. Bengals should have a ring by now but the bengals front office and duke Tobin shoot themselves in the foot year in and year out.

Ross was a bad pick, but was far from a one trick pony.  He had elite short area quickness and change of direction and was a nightmare in the red zone in college.  He also displayed that in the Pro's.  His problems were injuries(which he had a history of in college), drops(which he didn't have a history of in college), and a seemingly fragile psyche that crumbled when he had to start facing guys he couldn't just clown with his physical gifts.

I loved Creed Humphrey coming out of college, but the problem is, we were locked in on a RT of the future.  That's an issue of going into the draft looking for specific needs instead of getting the best player.  Smith was very scheme limited coming out, which is a big reason he fell so far.  Honestly, he wouldn't be near as good if he played for a team that didn't get away with holding all day because they're protecting the league poster boy.  We saw how KC was marching up and down the field on the Ravens in the AFCCG until the refs started nailing Smith with holding calls.  After that, the Ravens dominated up front.

Also, KC only has 2 drafted starters on their OL, so it isn't like they are wizards at drafting them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our drafting has sucked lately - Nepa - 01-31-2024, 11:17 PM
RE: Our drafting has sucked lately - jason - 01-30-2024, 03:21 PM
RE: Our drafting has sucked lately - jason - 01-30-2024, 04:49 PM
RE: Our drafting has sucked lately - Whatever - 01-30-2024, 01:56 PM