Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why do Democrats fear a 3rd Party Candidate?
(01-30-2024, 01:52 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I guess you missed the GOP wanted to declare Trump the nominee las week, but Trump said no to the party leaders. Why would you twhink at the stage the GOP would move on from their candidate beating Haley by over 60% Nationally?

This goes back years to the GOP thinking they could move on from Trump and onto DeSantis.  Plus, if Trump doesn't win in 2024 the GOP is going to be in the same spot where they can't move on from him because he will threaten to run 3rd party and ruin their chances of beating anyone the left comes up with for 2028.  Trump being the nominee now is a result of the GOP realizing he's got them over a barrel because he can 100% ensure they won't win without him.

If Trump died tomorrow logically one may think that Haley beats Biden as the polls indicate, but you also know people would be online saying that Trump faked his death to go undercover to fight the pedo Nazi commie scum and patriots need to write him in for president where on inauguration day he will parachute down and arrest all the deep state blah blah blahs.

The GOP has to roll with Trump because the NOT being the GOP nominee opens the door to all sorts of chaos that could cost votes the GOP can't afford to lose.  I firmly believe that enough voters would vote for 3rd party Trump or even dead Trump to cause the establishment GOP backing Hailey or whomever to really freak out.

RFK manages to keep getting weirder.  He went from a democrat who wanted to primary Biden, to being an independent who was going to take votes from Biden, to an independent who was going to take votes from Trump, to possibly being Trump's VP.  Lordy loo, the guy is everything and yet nothing. 

(01-30-2024, 02:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If what Pollster Mark Penn is reporting is true, that 64% of all voters want another option to vote for, one would think that the time would be right for a 3rd party candidate.  I'm not so sure that Trump would garner anything close to 70-75% of conservative voters' support if there were any sort of viable non-democrat party alternative.

People talk a big game, then falter on election day.  In 2016 we had Hillary vs Trump and a libertarian ticket with two successful governors from swing states on it and no one bit.  Maybe things change, but after seeing that strong ticket up against 2 candidates most folks didn't like....well, I don't see how the 3rd party could get a better bite at the apple. 

Voting 3rd party went from "wasting your vote" to a terrifying prospect of "helping the other side win."  In these days where people's butts clench at the idea of the other side winning I can't see 3rd parties getting more traction.  People are too terrified of Biden/Trump winning to "help" their chosen country-killer win.  I ain't gonna lie, even one as stupid and stubborn as me is sufficiently scurred of the bad candidate winning to finally pick one of the sides that is allowed to win.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do Democrats fear a 3rd Party Candidate? - Nately120 - 01-30-2024, 03:36 PM