Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our drafting has sucked lately
(01-30-2024, 04:49 PM)jason Wrote: I'm not even sure on Murphy.... Nobody realistically can be. Personally I hope he succeeds though because I'm a fan of this team. That matters more than being right about a guy. I thought Zac Taylor was trash with way more of a sample size than we have of Murphy. Happy to be proven wrong.

Nobody said otherwise. It's just that if i'm going to be let down by the team when they fail to exceed expectations, I need to get enjoyment from something. 

No one can be sure, but people can consider some concerning signs that they see, make a conclusion, and hope they're wrong. 

After an offseason of swearing off of giving players third contracts, the Bengals surprised everyone when they extended Hendrickson. 

Why would they do that if they were confident in their first round pick?

People can point to the monster season Trey had this year as a justification, but that would just be them playing Captain Hindsight. After Hendrickson had a less productive 2nd season when compared to his first, there was no indication that he'd have the season that he had.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our drafting has sucked lately - Nepa - 01-31-2024, 11:17 PM
RE: Our drafting has sucked lately - jason - 01-30-2024, 03:21 PM
RE: Our drafting has sucked lately - jason - 01-30-2024, 04:49 PM
RE: Our drafting has sucked lately - NotBigzo - 01-30-2024, 05:40 PM