Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
I'm truly tired of hearing the fix the offensive line crowd!
(01-31-2024, 01:25 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Sorry, but that's just wrong.

Thuney's agent: "I have a nice offer from 4-11-1 Cincinnati and their injured rookie QB and I also have a similar offer from 14-2 Kansas City that just went to the Super Bowl but were crushed due to an injured O-line."

Thuney: "What to do? What to do?"

Thuney signed with KC about 5 seconds into the FA window.

You can blame scheme and coaching and say that they're not playing to their linemen's strengths, blah, blah, blah . . . this line gets no push. They may not be the worst in the league, but they are definitely near the bottom.

Here's their four outcomes in short yardage
Stopped in the backfield.
Avoids a hit in the backfield and pushes forward for a short gain, sometimes for a 1st down.
The rare hole opens up for a clean run and a 1st down.
Too afraid to run, so they pass from shotgun instead.

Do you know what you never see in short yardage situations? Mixon just falling forward because the O-line got a push off of the line. I had hoped that we were getting a glimpse of that when Carman pushed Calais Campbell about 6-8 yards downfield before pancaking him in Baltimore a few years ago, but that seems to be the best individual snap of his career and no one else has had anything close to that since.

The Eagles have a top tier OL and are the best short yardage offense in the NFL, and they have to resort to the soon to be banned "tush push" to convert. Nobody is just having their OL consistently knock the DL 1-2 yards off the LoS so the RB can just fall forward.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm truly tired of hearing the fix the offensive line crowd! - Whatever - 01-31-2024, 02:51 PM