Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Steelers, Ravens, and Browns are already taking steps backwards this off-season...
(01-31-2024, 04:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: True, this year. But Ravens guy had 1 good year and got a HC job. Relatively unknown prior to that. Lou had back to back strong playoff defensive runs and didn't get a job.

I know, but the Ravens had the top defense in the league this year, so he was the hot commodity. The Ravens defense was number one in points allowed, sacks, takeaways, and I think yards allowed per game. I don't know what Lou's defenses were the past few seasons, but nothing like the Ravens had. Macdonald interviewed with six teams for HC. He may have had more to work with than Lou ever had, but it was still pretty special getting the defense to perform to that level. They also did it in the playoffs, it's just the Ravens offense fell apart against KC.

But age could also be a factor. Lou may be running out of opportunities each year as he gets older.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steelers, Ravens, and Browns are already taking steps backwards this off-season... - Nepa - 01-31-2024, 05:49 PM