Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our drafting has sucked lately
(02-01-2024, 03:39 AM)Synric Wrote: Here are all the 1 on 1s day 2 from T'Vondre Sweat who was "better" day 2. Sweat goes 2 (maybe 2 1/2) for 5 with 1 win out of 3 against Limmer, 1 win against Layden Robinson ( Robinson looks terrible). Maybe half a win against Brandon Coleman. He showed the power everyone expected yesterday but the get off looks like a 400lb man.

Thanks for this information.
As I don't watch the practices themselves, I go off what news clips I find on them. I did look at a couple and saw positive marks, but I did not try to scour for more after.

With that said, I don't think Sweat (or any player really) has to win every rep to be considered worth taking.
He's showing power and anchor, which is what he showed in college.
He's likely gotten too big, and may be more effective getting back down to 360, maybe even 340-350 range.
Let's see if/how he trims down by the time the Combine comes around (assuming he weighs in there).

EDIT:
Question for you Synric - In the reps Sweat did not win, did he get pushed off the LOS? Asking because if he's always at least staying put, that's still good given our DL has been getting blown back pretty regularly, allowing for RBs to pick up more yards than they would if the DL was at least sticking at the LOS.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our drafting has sucked lately - Nepa - 01-31-2024, 11:17 PM
RE: Our drafting has sucked lately - ochocincos - 02-01-2024, 10:42 AM
RE: Our drafting has sucked lately - jason - 01-30-2024, 03:21 PM
RE: Our drafting has sucked lately - jason - 01-30-2024, 04:49 PM