Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birthday MDD No Trade Simulation
(01-29-2024, 05:05 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'll have to see how Latham tests.  I'm pretty lukewarm on him.  I also think the biggest missing piece to our line is the athleticism that we lack.

I have heard others with this same sentiment so I went back and watch every bit of game tape on the Bama O line that I could find. I do not care how he tests at the underwear Olympics after watching his tape. He is as NFL ready as you are going to get in an offensive lineman and he checks all the boxes that you would want checked for a day 1 starter. As with any rookie he will have things to clean up and will need to continue to refine his game but this kid looks and plays the part. He is about a solid a RT prospect as I can remember and I would not be shocked at all to see him grade out after his rookie season higher than either Dawand Jones or Darnell Wright.

What is missing with our line is an identity in my opinion. It seems as if Pollack cannot decide if they are going to be a finesse zone blocking team or a power front. If I had my way we would go power. Line up man on man and be nasty. Personally, when your line grades out at 26th in the league overall then that line needs looked at all the way across. Unfortunately, there just is not much in the way of improvements in the free agent market for '24. About the best RT that will be on the market is our very own Jonah.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Birthday MDD No Trade Simulation - OSUfan - 01-28-2024, 04:16 PM
RE: Birthday MDD No Trade Simulation - OSUfan - 02-01-2024, 05:31 PM