Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
I'm truly tired of hearing the fix the offensive line crowd!
(02-02-2024, 10:40 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Its really hard to pinpoint exactly the issue..    we keep adding quality talent but the results dont seem much improved.     If pollock isnt the issue as he appears to be then its either play design/calling or people going off script from whats being called.

I think the issue is just the general offensive philosophy for the passing game and RB talent in the run game. Cincinnati is often only keeping five in to block so these guys are on islands. Joe likes to play with five receivers in routes and it is going to get him hit often. It's just part of it.

Truthfully, I think this offensive line would look great if Cincinnati was heavier under center, running a bit more and working off play-action. That would be very similar to the 2021 offense. They already changed the run game from wide zone to primarily duos and trap. The linemen we have are built for that, generating double teams and getting vertical. I think the run game struggles are primarily in the RB room, but Burrow is going to be under duress as long as they send out five for him IMO.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm truly tired of hearing the fix the offensive line crowd! - KillerGoose - 02-02-2024, 12:16 PM