Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
I'm truly tired of hearing the fix the offensive line crowd!
(02-02-2024, 04:41 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: which brings it back to play calling/design

Somewhat, yes, but what they are doing is intentional and not just being bad at their job. It's not that easy to alleviate. Burrow is involved in creating the playbook each offseason. This is a good thing, you always want your starting QB to be consulted on what is going in. Up to this point, Burrow has communicated he loves sending five out into routes, sitting in shotgun and spreading the defense out. That's his game, but that game also opens his offensive line up to protection issues because they are all on an island. Burrow has spoken about how sacks can be misleading and aren't all worth the same, which I agree with, so they are taking a calculated risk when they do this. The way I read it is that they are betting the production they get from Burrow in this offense is going to offset the amount of sacks he will take. Obviously they don't want him getting sacked 50+ times but I think coaching would be okay with Burrow taking 35-ish sacks each season given the volume that they throw and their style. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm truly tired of hearing the fix the offensive line crowd! - KillerGoose - 02-02-2024, 04:51 PM