Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
are Bengals that low on cash or??
(02-02-2024, 12:31 PM)kalibengal Wrote: General question:
Why is it that other so called "small market " teams hire actual GM'S  and decent scouting depts and Bengals refuse? Is it still the famous MB cheapness, or actually not having the $ to do so?
I thought Katie Brown was going to bring this team into present day but seeing them all over the Senior bowl yr after yr because they dont have enough scouts to really find the diamonds out there is just getting old. The fact they rarely sign a big name in FA (OB was exception) should also be a reason to invest in scouting, developing and drafting talent.
I look at what the Rams did in the draft and all of a sudden that Stafford/Goff trade doesnt look too bad for them. They are a contender again.
Lastly: Tobin is no GM, yes we have selected some good players here and there not counting no brainers like JB and Chase, but picking Jonah that high, and the rest of the misses on OL and DL are glaring at this point.  Don't get me started on our 6th round punter: Robbins .....ugh

I believe most of the franchise owners came in with other sources of income, not strictly their football team.
Brown took over from his dad, and I don't think JB had a bunch of cash from other avenues when starting the franchise either.
For Mike, this has been the only business he's had the past 30 years.
So the only money he makes is from NFL-related sales and licensing.
I dunno exactly how many people buy Bengals merch, but from my understanding, the Bengals are one of the least popular teams in this regard.

In a related note, Mike Brown has also come across as extremely old-school and frugal, not seeing value in a lot of things that other franchises started doing (many) years ago.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: are Bengals that low on cash or?? - ochocincos - 02-02-2024, 05:58 PM