Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MDD Trade Down Simulation
RD. 1 - 29th Selection:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdyKgvENByEmrl2xv5lju...g&usqp=CAU]

Tyler Guyton - OT - Oklahoma - 6'7" 328

Guyton is just an athletically gifted prospect. He is a massive specimen and a former DT. The upside for Guyton is extremely high with many believing that he could become a very high end LT in the NFL. Elite natural power and ability to mirror athleticism. Violent hands and explosive off of the snap on running downs. Easily gets the second level in the running game and controlled and patient on passing downs. 

Yes there are concerns with Guyton with the most significant being a single season starting for the Sooners and that is a legit concern. I feel you must be able to look at what he has put on tape and consider how good he looks while he is still learning the nuances of the position and right now is able to dominate with pure natural ability. I believe it is a risk worth taking. I remember concern with the selection of Dawand Jones and he finished with a higher overall blocking grade than the Bengals veteran tackle Jonah Williams.

RD. 2 - 49th Selection:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT89gRDXIUZ-uyShXxe98b...Q&usqp=CAU]

T'Vondre Sweat - DT - Texas - 6'4" 346

Just a massive mountain of a man and a nearly immovable object at NT. Ideally, if I were a team I would like to see Sweat drop about 10 lbs. to increase his quickness but overall he moves extremely well for a man his size. We all want Reader back and I for one hope his back but the Bengals still need a guy behind Reader that can stop the run at the same level and to be the heir apparent. If Reader is not back then this selection is almost a must. Sweat ended '23 with 2 sacks and 8 TFL which shows the disruptive force he is to an offensive backfield. Even more than his disruptive ability is the need to double team him which keeps other defenders clean. Not only does he demand double teams but he has shown the ability to consistently defeat double teams.

RD. 2 - 61st Selection:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQC_Oeup2l3pt2D-nziLMA...Q&usqp=CAU]

Tre Benson - RB - Fla. State - 6'1" 223

There is some debate as to who is the best RB in this draft but in my mind it is Benson. Watching him run to me is like watching art in progress. If you did not get to see much of him at FSU then I would suggest watching tape as it is just fun to watch. His game at the line of scrimmage is the definition of see hole hit hole. When a hole opens Benson simply explodes thru the hole and he displays elite vision in his running ability. Benson has elite foot talent and the speed to go the house any time he gets into the open field. Add to that one of the best stiff arms I have seen in awhile. Maybe most importantly, Benson has shown willingness and ability in pass protection which is a real concern for many young backs.

The duo of Benson and Brown would make for one extremely explosive tandem for the Bengals backfield.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
MDD Trade Down Simulation - OSUfan - 02-03-2024, 05:54 PM
RE: MDD Trade Down Simulation - OSUfan - 02-03-2024, 05:57 PM
RE: MDD Trade Down Simulation - OSUfan - 02-03-2024, 05:58 PM
RE: MDD Trade Down Simulation - OSUfan - 02-03-2024, 06:31 PM
RE: MDD Trade Down Simulation - OSUfan - 02-03-2024, 06:53 PM
RE: MDD Trade Down Simulation - OSUfan - 02-03-2024, 09:02 PM
RE: MDD Trade Down Simulation - OSUfan - 02-03-2024, 09:43 PM
RE: MDD Trade Down Simulation - 3wt - 02-05-2024, 12:20 PM
RE: MDD Trade Down Simulation - JoeyB2023 - 02-05-2024, 05:15 PM
RE: MDD Trade Down Simulation - OSUfan - 02-06-2024, 07:24 PM