Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I Don’t Understand Zac Taylor’s Thought Process
(02-03-2024, 05:59 PM)GodFather Wrote: I understand the importance of continuity with coaching staff, but why would he not push for a new offensive line coach/run coordinator when those have been the biggest issues from day one in his tenure and nothing has changed since?

As tired of a topic this must be for some, I really am dumbfounded with the stubbornness sticking with Pollack. If we had an OL that could protect Joe and create a good run game this offense would be absolutely unstoppable.

Yet here we are going into another season and I don’t care who we pick up this off-season in free agency and draft picks, Pollack is going to get out schemed by the opponents on both fronts and Zac is going to have to take the blame for keeping him on.

So why are they choosing to keep him?

Mike Brown hired him that’s why. Zac was coming off a horrible season and the fiasco that was Jim Turner. I’m certainly not intimating that Zac wasn’t compliant or agreeable. Being a young coach with many years at TAMU Zac didn’t have the contacts then. He needed to rely on management. Duke liked him too. This is not to exonerate Zac. I agree he must go and I believe if Zac was adamant he needed to go they’d do it. So it still falls on him. I think Frank is the major issue but I wish they’d get him help or do something. He can’t scheme obviously and Zac has no confidence in the run game. We were #31 in rushing attempts. Zac gives up on it too much IMO. But it’s frustrating as hell.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Don’t Understand Zac Taylor’s Thought Process - Soonerpeace - 02-03-2024, 07:03 PM