Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
are Bengals that low on cash or??
(02-03-2024, 04:11 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Yeah, because having too few scouts is way better than having too many.

How about Jackson Carman?  Many teams were well aware of the rape allegations and requested info from the the police, many took him off their boards completely.  We did not request anything.  He was not a 1st rounder that dropped because of this, in fact we over-drafted him. How does that happen?

How many teams would have taken John Ross at #9?

We took Çhris Evans in the 6th and he had not been productive since 2017.  He had numerous issues at Michigan.

This makes zero sense to me.  Im not saying we need 30 people like other teams, but we only have 5.  Wee look like a poverty franchise and we look dumb defending it.  But thats just my opinion.

The rape allegations have zero to do with Jackson Carmen not panning out.  Teams miss on draft picks all the time, even those with 20 scouts.

John Ross was just pure stupidity and had Mike Brown written all over it.  I think those days are long gone as more recent drafts have gone really well - especially last year as every single pick ended up playing throughout the year.

Chris Evans was a 6th rounder.  What do you expect a home run?  Not a high percentage of 6th round picks become superstars.  He's played and has a few decent games under his belt.  That's about what you get with a 6th rounder typically.

A few more scouts would be nice but not sure it guarantees better performance on the field.  MB being out of the picture was addition by subtraction.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: are Bengals that low on cash or?? - Daddy-O - 02-04-2024, 11:45 AM