Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
We Need a Better Record Against the AFC North
(02-03-2024, 04:19 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I was responding pretty much to this.

Steelers 12
Browns 9
Bengals and Ravens 7

Yes the division is a dogfight but JMHO many on the board are focusing on the battle not the war or focusing on the trees not the forest. We just need to fix some things like the run game, pass pro, and run defense. That’s not to say we don’t need to also look at our matchups within the division.

I agree with the sentiment of the last bit. Nobody is saying we'd rather beat the Browns/Steelers/Ravens and not beat the Bills/Chiefs. We hate the division teams, but we'd all rather win playoff games I'd bet. However, it doesn't have to be one or the other and there's a strong chance of running into these teams in the playoffs currently too.

We're largely on the 'right path' in the sense that we tend to be very competitive with the rest of the league. We've had the Bills number recently and seem to be about the only team who find success against the Chiefs. We whipped SF in SF this year. There's nobody in the NFC I 'fear' us playing. We're a major contender, that's not debatable. 

#1 seed isn't the be all and end all... but take the 2022 season. We had a 9-1 non-division record... and still had to go to Arrowhead in the playoffs. Despite this season's issues, we were still 8-3 outside of the division.

Across the past 3 seasons... we're 31-19 in the regular season.. comprising of 23-9 outside of the division, and 8-10 in the division (certainly an injury impact record mind)... I've no issue with us going on the road as I think we're very good at it, but figuring out the division record would help us out for sure. 

Long story short though, if we can just get into the playoffs with a relatively healthy team I trust the team to figure their way through the postseason. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We Need a Better Record Against the AFC North - TheCincinnatiKid - 02-04-2024, 04:26 PM