Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
are Bengals that low on cash or??
(02-04-2024, 11:45 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: The rape allegations have zero to do with Jackson Carmen not panning out.  Teams miss on draft picks all the time, even those with 20 scouts.

John Ross was just pure stupidity and had Mike Brown written all over it.  I think those days are long gone as more recent drafts have gone really well - especially last year as every single pick ended up playing throughout the year.

Chris Evans was a 6th rounder.  What do you expect a home run?  Not a high percentage of 6th round picks become superstars.  He's played and has a few decent games under his belt.  That's about what you get with a 6th rounder typically.

A few more scouts would be nice but not sure it guarantees better performance on the field.  MB being out of the picture was addition by subtraction.

I never once mentioned Carmen panning out.  We obviously did not know nearly as much as other teams regarding this sisutation and that is embarrassing.   There is no defending this.

The Chiefs took Pacheko in round 7, he is not the norm but at least he had a TON of production in college..  Chris Evans had literally NOTHING except a fast 40 time and taken in the 6th round.

This is Chris Evans in college:
2020:  ONE START, 16 carries for 73 yards.
2019:  SUSPENDED
2018:  TWO STARTS, 18 carries
2017:  TWO STARTS
2016:  ONE START

He could not be trusted at Michigan and could not be trusted here.  7th Rounder Pacheko had over 30 starts and 563 carries in 40 games.

31 years of drafted players and free agents with ZERO playoff wins.  We get the #1 and #5 pick with Burrow and Chase and finally win playoff games and people act like we have always been good selecting players.

Our ridiculously tiny scouting department is indefensible.  In my opinion, we look stupid as hell acting like it doesnt make a difference. 

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: are Bengals that low on cash or?? - casear2727 - 02-04-2024, 05:00 PM