Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why should we agree to reward sanctuary cities in latest Schumer/Biden senate bill?
(02-05-2024, 06:20 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It's been repeated several times, you never address it.  The tools to fix this issue already exist at Biden's fingertips.  he chooses not to use them.

Actually, that's not true.  You can fix the issue by actually following existing law. 

I'm genuinely curious because I keep seeing this be repeated: what tools are at Biden's fingertips to fix this issue?

The way I understand the current situation at the border is that those CBP is allowing in and not deporting, actually aren't "illegal" immigrants. They are seeking asylum, something the administration has a requirement to process under existing law. The unfortunate reality is that the system for processing asylum claims is extremely backlogged and underfunded resulting in delays which results in uncertainty for migrants as well as difficulty keeping track of those in the process for ICE and other agencies. Biden and the administration are upholding the law; the issue is that the law and the resources we have to enforce it do not meet the demand we are seeing.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why should we agree to reward sanctuary cities in latest Schumer/Biden senate bill? - Belsnickel - 02-06-2024, 08:38 AM