Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why should we agree to reward sanctuary cities in latest Schumer/Biden senate bill?
(02-06-2024, 10:19 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I am on one other forum that happens to have a politics section, but like the Bengals forum, has nothing to do with politics.  I have been saying almost word for word what I highlighted for at least 2 years and you are the ONLY other person I have ever seen post the same.  

It is exactly like you say.  it's like they think if they acknowledge any fault whatsoever in Biden/Dems it means they are supporting/admitting that Trump was right/good/something positive and that is something that just cannot happen in their minds.  No matter what, no matter how flawed the reasoning/logic.   It's so damn weird.  Trump has literally messed up some peoples brains and thought processes.  It's crazy to watch.

Thank you.  One very underutilized skill in my profession is understanding human behavior and being able to see things from another's perspective.  I learned very early in my career how important this skill was an really strove to hone it.  What I've observed since 2015 is a commitment from most people to a strictly binary way of thinking.  Subtlety and nuance are utterly dead for much of the population.  I had a very long term friend completely cut ties with me because I stated that Trump actually had a point about immigration.  The simple act of agreeing with Trump on any subject was taken as a full throated endorsement of Trump and everything he stands for/believes.

You see it here on a daily basis.  If you dare not attack Trump on every single issue you are a Trump supporter/defender.  If you're not in lockstep with the far left you're a secret Republican.  This is why I most enjoy discussion with Bel, Hollo and others (sorry if you didn't get mentioned but deserve to be) even though we often disagree.  Those posters are capable of understanding a position even if they don't personally agree with it.  We need more of it around here, and in general, that's for damned sure.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why should we agree to reward sanctuary cities in latest Schumer/Biden senate bill? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-06-2024, 12:46 PM