Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals To Get Better Look At Senoir Bowl
(02-06-2024, 12:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I would prefer that as well, which is why I was a little disappointed to see Murphy drafted over Mayer or Laporta.
With that said, I do like what Murphy has to (eventually) offer.

If looking to get a 500+ rep rookie in Rd 1, it's going to have to be either WR, RT, TE, or DT, but FA will also impact that.
Unless Bowers is there, there isn't a TE worth taking at 18.
NT I don't think there is one worth taking at 18 either.
If Higgins is tagged, I doubt a WR drafted in Rd 1 would get 500+ snaps as a rookie unless overtaking Jones in the slot.
A 3T likely won't get quite 500 snaps if having to rotate in, but they could get 400.
RT probably wouldn't see much playing time at all as a rookie unless they don't get someone in FA.

Going on the assumption that Tee is tagged or resigned. I'd say it's most likely we go RT or DT in the 1st round. And just from a who's available numbers game I'd say RT is most likely.

There's just a gazillion things that can and will happen between now and pick #18 on draft day. There's nearly always one sometimes two guys who get picked in the 1st round that nobody had slated as a 1st round pick. Teams reach for needs. Somebody trades up outta the blue to grab a QB they covet. Guys rise and fall from combine and just on and on.

I'm just hoping if we do go RT in the first he's not a 3 year project.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals To Get Better Look At Senoir Bowl - bengalfan74 - 02-06-2024, 02:58 PM