Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why should we agree to reward sanctuary cities in latest Schumer/Biden senate bill?
(02-06-2024, 04:50 PM)pally Wrote: The one thing we have to remember in this discussion is that people who claim asylum are not here illegally..  US law allows for those who are undocumented or who cross the border illegally to request asylum.  Again by current law, they are admitted until they receive a hearing which right now takes years to happen.

The bill, rejected on Trump's orders, significantly toughened the requirements for claiming asylum, allowed for the immediate rejection of many, and added administrative personnel to shorten the time before a hearing to a mandated 6 months.  But hey, can't let Biden have a win.

Executive orders aren't binding.  Laws are.

I will ask again, why did Genocide Joe fail to have the house and senate take this issue up immediately when he had both chamber versus immediately removing Trump immigration policies?

Law exists as SSF has stated numerous times on asylum, frst safe country they come to (Mexico), they apply there for asylum. That is the law so they are illegal immigrants if they came through Mexico

I will also ask why did Schumer and Biden not work with Johnson on his immigration bill? Seems to me your arguments and attacks on Trump will be in vein, Biden has the laws now to enforce the border and Democrats refuse to negotiate with the house, now Johnson is refusing the Democrats bill and rightly so.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why should we agree to reward sanctuary cities in latest Schumer/Biden senate bill? - Luvnit2 - 02-06-2024, 05:50 PM