Poll: What will happen going forward with TEE ?
The Bengals will NOT tag TEE – making him a Free Agent
TEE will get Franchise Tagged & then Traded in 2024
Bengals Tag TEE & make him play for them in 2024 under the Tag
Bengals Tag TEE & then sign him to a Long Term Deal for 2024 & beyond
Bengals Tag TEE & TEE will hold out the entire 2024 season
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tag decision on TEE coming soon – Crystal Ball - POLL
(02-01-2024, 05:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The majority of the votes for Higgins getting tagged are simply emotional votes, as they don't want the inevitable to happen.  As was previously mentioned, the last two Bengals to play under the tag did so grudgingly, and played with extreme caution as to their physical health.  In my opinion, executing the franchise tag without a clear path to productive negotiations towards a viable contract does nothing but harm for the team.

The question was what do we think WILL happen, not WANT to happen.  So what does emotion have to do with it.  We were asked to predict what the FO will do, not what we'd do.

I think they will tag him.  What happens after, I have no clue.

What I WANT, is a transition TAG, and let him go while reaping the rewards.   Regardless of his injury plagued season ,he is still a top tier WR.  TAG and trade is much trickier.

What I DO NOT think will happen is Tag and sign long term.  The team can't afford to have 40mil+ invented in WR.  I believe Burrow is one of the top 3 QBs in the league, and with a true #1 (Chase) and young  talent, a FA or high draft pick TE/WR should be enough weapons for him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tag decision on TEE coming soon – Crystal Ball - POLL - Stewy - 02-07-2024, 10:32 AM