Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
We Need a Better Record Against the AFC North
(02-06-2024, 01:33 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I agree this year there are a few variables in play with 1-5 but I do think some people are discounting division wins, one big tiebreaker in the playoff seeds is conference record and 1/2 of those games are division games, it is not a good trend to be 500 or below in division games when it comes to seeding..

(02-06-2024, 06:35 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Oh I think we should write 2023 off... the Bengals aren't typically 1-5 in the North. I think Burrow was healthy for a single 30 mins of the division games this year and that was it. We shouldn't look too much into this year's record (even though we did still manage 8-3 outside of it). 

I personally wouldn't say 3-3 is a 'good' season, especially when we should've been aiming at the #1 seed. Though we did rebound from an 0-3 start didnt we?

Ironically the team in the division I'm most confident we'll beat is the Steelers! 

I understand what y'all are saying.
However, if the Bengals catered more to just beating their divisional opponents, it's possible they wouldn't do as well against some of the other styles of teams outside of the division.
So we could still be talking about having an overall record of 9-8 when all is said and done, just with a better divisional record.

In an ideal world, you have a team that properly adapts to every style every game, but we know that's not most teams.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We Need a Better Record Against the AFC North - ochocincos - 02-07-2024, 11:13 AM