Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
We have leader for RT in free agency....
(02-07-2024, 01:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: There are only so many draft picks though and what looks to be a lot of potential spots to fill.

If Bengals can find a good veteran RT in FA who can hold down the fort for 2-3 years, it could allow the Bengals to use those (early) picks toward other positions of need, which we know they will need to.

I think what no one wants to see is a 1st or 2nd rounder sitting the bench most/all of the year like in previous years.
The window is now and they need to get more immediate contributions.

I guess I think we have a lot of money tied up on the Oline and we are going to have to hit on some draft pics. Conitnuing to buy an Oline with the highest paid NFL player is tough. When there is a deep draft class at certain positions of need and premium positions, they have to take advantage of it. 

I'm not a GM obviously, but the pie Tobin loves to speak of, I'd like to see how much of the cap the Oline and Dline has / had (with Reader) tied up, and I wonder if that is sustainable as an ideal way to build a roster. 

We are going to have to hit on draft picks in this new era. Especially with 2 100+ million contracts on the horizon. I think the days of FA like we've seen since 2020 are over.

I'd also hate to see us stick with unproven players like Turner as starters because we've spent money in FA on a RT and passed on elite prospects in the draft.

I get using the draft for luxury picks, but with the transition of the roster we are set to see in the next year, now probably isn't the time. We are going to have to draft need when it isn't a reach and the prospect pool is there.

Oline is a boring 1st round pick, but it would be great to solidify the spot at a rookie rate.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We have leader for RT in free agency.... - jj22 - 02-07-2024, 02:08 PM
Jermaine eluemunor - Jpoore - 02-10-2024, 12:21 PM