Poll: What will happen going forward with TEE ?
The Bengals will NOT tag TEE – making him a Free Agent
TEE will get Franchise Tagged & then Traded in 2024
Bengals Tag TEE & make him play for them in 2024 under the Tag
Bengals Tag TEE & then sign him to a Long Term Deal for 2024 & beyond
Bengals Tag TEE & TEE will hold out the entire 2024 season
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tag decision on TEE coming soon – Crystal Ball - POLL
(02-07-2024, 04:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't know that it is negotiable, everything that I've read simply states that the team losing the player is rewarded with two 1st round picks as compensation.

That is where the traditional tag comes into play.  If a team reaches out to the Bengals with an offer that they like, they could tag him with the regular tag and then trade him for the negotiated deal.

I am seeing that Davante Adams was Non-Exclusive Franchise tagged by the Packers per;

"Packers place franchise tag on WR Davante Adams"NFL.comMarch 08, 2022.

Adams refused to play under the Tag then was traded to the Raiders for a 1st and 2nd round pick per;

"Raiders acquire Pro Bowl WR Davante Adams"Las Vegas Raiders. March 18, 2022

* It looks like less than two first round picks but they got close to it because it was Adams.
   Davante Adams is Elite #1 and TEE isn't but it may be that the Bengals can take less than two firsts for TEE
   and possibly even less than what was given for Adams.

**Maybe others on the Message Board can weigh in with more and deeper research on this since this was just a quick look by me.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tag decision on TEE coming soon – Crystal Ball - POLL - depthchart - 02-07-2024, 06:17 PM