Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
We have leader for RT in free agency....
(02-07-2024, 06:53 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: While we have a lot of cash, I do not think we have enough to address every need via FA. 

WR2 will be expensive, Tee or not. DT/NT will be expensive, whether DJ Reader is back or not. Then RT, WR3, TE, another CB, interior pass rush, a Tupou upgrade, a punter. Some will have to be left for the draft. 

RT and WR are particilarly deep. 

I am on record of trying to go Tee + Reader + DT big fish instead of the fill every (or most) need route. That would be my play B if we strike out on Wilkins/Madubuike/Williams (as is likely). 

A guy like Eluemenor eould be a great get at $6 mil per. Or possibly less. He is good enough to start and is a Williams upgrade for less money. He might be gettable for a low enough $$ that a Tee + DJ + DT pass rusher is still in play if we get creative with other contracts. And even if not, we'd have enough left to go get a quality TE, CB, WR3. Plus, he'd open up the draft, though OT should still be in play at 18. 

I think we should go where the value is in FA. DT/NT, RT, TE, WR3, CB, & S would be where I sniff. Landing a good player for good value, at any of those spots, may be mire important than getting a guy at a particilular spot. BVA (best value available). 

I am not saying to fill every need with an A+ replacement.  But yes fill every starter need with a player that is good enough to start (like Karrs) and depth positions with discounted players (like Eli Apple).

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We have leader for RT in free agency.... - casear2727 - 02-07-2024, 07:18 PM
Jermaine eluemunor - Jpoore - 02-10-2024, 12:21 PM