Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Bunch of Reasons We Can Win a Playoff Game (or two) with AJ McCarron
(01-03-2016, 07:32 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: You are an idiot.
I am flat out calling you an idiot.

It's not his release.
It's his inability to see the field and read the defense.
He holds the ball. On a play where the ball is needed to be out in under 3 seconds, he's holding it for 4 or 5.

The OL can't hold every goddamn block for 4+ seconds. No OL ever would be able to do that.
People are just really stupid about OL play. 

Would you prefer that he quickly throw an INT rather than hold the ball?

QBs like Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers tend to "hold the ball" but they have the mobility to get out of the pocket - McCarron doesn't.  Do you think Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers can't see the field and read the defense?

I agree with you to some extent that the OL can't hold blocks forever, but this has never been an OL notorious for their pass blocking skills.

The lack of time makes AJ's decision-making seem worse (while he has "protect the ball" in the back of his mind), and AJ's refusal to throw quick like Andy usually does makes the OL's deficiencies stand out.

I don't think anyone is "stupid about OL play" when they compare Andy Dalton's release times (which traditionally are top-3 in the NFL and usually only behind Brady's times) to AJ's and mention it as a reason the OL's play has been viewed as inferior to their performance with Andy at QB.

That's a legitimate comment.

Looks like you had some urine-soaked cornflakes for breakfast yet again today.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Bunch of Reasons We Can Win a Playoff Game (or two) with AJ McCarron - BigSeph - 01-03-2016, 07:59 PM