Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A good perspective of giving Tee the big money extention
(02-11-2024, 08:04 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I mean there's a world where we question if the team was better off using that money elsewhere after the extension happens.

Exactly this.

It isn't about signing Tee to a 'discount' contract or not. His contract doesn't exist in a vacuum whereby we have unlimited cap space. It's about the fact the cumulative spend on our QB/WRs looks a lot if we keep Burrow/Chase/Tee. Committing huge amounts of money, which will be lost on greater needs elsewhere.

We're paying Burrow the big bucks to make it work. Part of that is making it work with lesser guys im afraid. I'd hate to have to lose Tee to another team, as he's highly talented. But if Burrow's great, he'll make it work with a 'lesser name' #2 WR.

That to me is the sensible take. Trust the the guy you're paying the big money to to make it work, and spend those $$$ on a defence to get him on the field as much as possible.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A good perspective of giving Tee the big money extention - TheCincinnatiKid - 02-11-2024, 09:15 PM