Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A good perspective of giving Tee the big money extention
(02-12-2024, 02:12 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I wouldnt count on the offense beating playoff teams in shootouts.  Even with Burrow, Chase, Higgins and Boyd they needed the defense to score a TD against Baltimore in the wild card game last year because the offense disappeared.  

In the Kansas City AFC Championship game the offense managed just 20 points while the defense gave the team a chance.  The last 2 Bengals drives of the game, Burrow throws an interception and on the next drive they get 22 yards then punt giving K.C. the ball back for the winning drive.  The offense even with Burrow, Chase and Higgins wont win shootouts.  Bengals management needs to bring in more talent on the defense.  The defense is what carried the team in the Super Bowl and AFC Championship, not the offense.

My last point was facetious dude, sorry it probably wasn't obvious. I absolutely agree, a team relying on winning shootouts just likely won't win the Super Bowl. I'd rather we built the defence than signed Tee.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A good perspective of giving Tee the big money extention - TheCincinnatiKid - 02-12-2024, 02:13 AM