Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
We have leader for RT in free agency....
(02-12-2024, 10:31 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I never said bust but those grades after year 5 are surely disappointing considering he was the #11 draft pick, in my opinion.  

Relying on a rookie to be very solid in year one is extremely difficult.  Alt may be the only sure thing in this draft at OT.

You posted a little cartoon of the dog & the fire. It is pretty intellectually dishonest to say you were not saying he was a dum0ster fire/bust. 

Just like it is intellectually dishonest to focus on 1 year out of 5 evaluating a player. 

Just like it is intellectually dishonest to say I said Jonah was a sucess. I didn't. I just said he wasn't a bust/failure. 

Sorry that the two good years and the injury 2 years ago don't help your argument. Nor the fact that we throw a ton vs some of the best rushers in the league. Those are facts, not excuses. 

People on this board go on for pages about Pollack & how offensive lineman we get here never grade out as well as before. Well, no duh. They were not playing Pitt/Cle/Bal 2x a year in a spread offense. It is not rocket science. 

Now, having said all that, I certainly don't think Jonah is worth $15 mil. We need to get more athletic on the OL. That means drafting a higher quality of player. 

Overpaying for ANOTHER  OK-ish, average level starter is not a fix, it is a band aid. We are probably picking as high as we will with Prime Burrow AND simultaneously having the strongest OT class in memory. Gotta take advantage. 

Top tier Cs & Gs can be had late first or second regularly. Or even 3rd. But late first gor a top tier OT is rare. It has to be now. 

If you wanna pay a band-aid too, that is fine. But it is a band-aid. Not a fix. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We have leader for RT in free agency.... - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 02-12-2024, 11:35 AM
Jermaine eluemunor - Jpoore - 02-10-2024, 12:21 PM