Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
We have leader for RT in free agency....
So what if we have to depend on a rookie? It's not THAT bad if you plan for it. And we've been "planning" for it the past five years having to have Sample help out. So do that one more year, while the rookie gets acclimated? Or sign a guy like Jermaine to a two year deal and have some patience as the rookie develops into the heir apparent? The only guy I really worry about us drafting is Guyton. I know he has this supposedly high ceiling, but he's super raw. We need a guy who has some seasoning to him, in my opinion. I'd be completely fine w Latham or Mims (love Alt but doubt he falls that far) starting between Cappa and Sample. I'd also be completely fine w either of those two playing swing tackle / 6th lineman for a year. You can NEVER have too many good, smart, offensive linemen rostered, let's hope Duke and Co. don't overthink this, start trading back and missing out on a good player like they did when they traded back and selected Jackson Charmin. We have a lot of picks this year, if there's any trading to be had, let it be **UP, TO GET A GUY YOU WANT** rather than **DOWN, AND PRAY HE'S STILL THERE (or take the next best)**

We passed on a TE last year, when we really needed one, in a supposed DEEP tight end class. And how'd that turn out? They'd be stupid to pass on an OT in another supposed deep class. I don't want to hear "the right guy just didn't fall to us" this year. If they take a DT in round 1 (or any non-Oline prospect, really) and the guy they have targeted for Rnd 2 is the OT prospect they want, then trade up into the upper parts of R2 to get him! Don't wait around for your turn to pick or you may be left out in the cold holding the bag.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
We have leader for RT in free agency.... - The D.O.Z. - 02-12-2024, 11:44 AM
Jermaine eluemunor - Jpoore - 02-10-2024, 12:21 PM