Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting the All-Star games (2024)
(02-03-2024, 02:09 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: Happy JPJ is getting the credit he deserves. He’s clearly the best C in the class and maybe the best guard. Hate that he’s now probably going in the first round and really hate that the Steelers are showing interest. I know RT is the bigger need but I would take JPJ over Guyton, Latham and Mims. I feel much better about him as a prospect than those 3. I think JPJs the 4th best O lineman in the class behind Alt, Olu and Fuaga and I would be happy to take him at 18.
I totally agree.

I looked at some highlights of JPJ.   Granted they are highlights, but man!  This guy can whip players around like they're cardboard cutouts.  His upperbody strength is elite, he can anchor against anyone and his ability to block on the run are just amazing.

I know the wisdom is that you always take the OT in the first round - that interior guys are available in the later rounds.   But my feelings are that 1) the core of your pocket is the interior,  2) You need a strong interior to run the ball - and that includes the ability of your interior to get out to the 2nd level and not whiff and 3) It's time to just take the best lineman available - period.

The link is repetitive, but he does a lot of amazing things.  I'd be happy to take him in the first. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scouting the All-Star games (2024) - 3wt - 02-12-2024, 12:47 PM