Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Great Super Bowl, Mahomes is a stud like him or not
(02-12-2024, 01:36 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Most of Graham's championships were not in the NFL but the AAFC. The league consisted of eight teams, six of which folded in 1949 when the league folded. If you want to argue the merits of pre-Super Bowl accomplishments then I think that is a valid (and fun) discussion to have. However, when you start trying to argue for the merit of pre-Super Bowl and non-NFL accomplishments, your argument loses quite a bit of steam. 

In reality, the games are so different than trying to compare Graham to Brady is essentially useless. They can be fun to talk about, and Graham was an incredibly dominant player but any comparisons don't really make any sense. 

Ahhh, you conveniently forget a few facts.

1. The 1950 Browns in their first game of the season DOMINATED the defending 1949 NFL Champions Philadelphia Eagles.
2. The "Expansion" team Browns won the 1950 NFL Championship.
3. The NFL Commissioner Bert Bell called the Browns "The Greatest Team of All-Time".

Ergo, if the best team of the XFL, CFL or USFL DOMINATES the reigning defending NFL Champion and the opening game of the season and later wins the NFL Championship then by common sense the Browns other rivals of the AAFC were on par with the rest of the NFL.   

Watch and learn. After watching the video tell me what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xOgmjbfF4s

[Image: 515jl6-jL2L.jpg]

As for comparing athletes from different eras I agree. Just like you can't Brady and Otto, you can't compare Brady with Bart Starr that has won 3 NFL Championships in a row including Back to Back SB Championships or Ruth and Aaron or Chamberland and Jordan. What you can compare and contrast is the amount of Championships a team or player has. But I charge that the NFL did not start in 1966 because the league added 9 AFL teams and added 1 round to their playoffs the SB. All other sport leagues have more teams and rounds of playoffs now from yesteryear. Again if Babe Ruth 714 HR stands then Otto's stats should also stand. Otto's records came after Ruth records.    
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Great Super Bowl, Mahomes is a stud like him or not - BengalYankee - 02-12-2024, 04:42 PM