Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
86% of voters think Biden is too old for a 2nd term
(02-12-2024, 04:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This whole age stuff is going to fizzle out as soon as Biden is out of the picture. As old as politicians trend, he's one of the few big names who is older than Trump.  Trump is going to be the face of the GOP until he dies, and he could live to be 100 for all we know.  It's possible that republicans only have a few months left where they can use age against the democrats, because anyone who logically replaces Biden is likely to be 15+ years younger than Trump himself.

Now of course a lot of republicans aren't going to logically look at Trump's age and be fair about it.  Much like how he is a very Christian man in their eyes, he's going to be a very young man in their eyes even when he's pushing or exceeding 80 years of age.  I assume when you point out that Trump is 77 his supporters say that he has the brain and body and energy of a 40 year old, or something.  Like anything else, Trump is simply immune to critique by his base, even on something as objective as his age.  

Being age 77-81 while in office is not too old to be president to republicans...and if Trump doesn't win in 2024, being age 81-85 while in office won't be when they go to vote in 2028.  And it's not even "I'd rather the GOP find someone younger" like it is with democrats, it's simply "When Trump is old it doesn't count as a bad thing."  But like others have pointed out, Biden may not even be on the ballot in 2024, it'll be a 59 year old Kamala Harris or a 57 year old Gavin Newsom and suddenly being over the age of 75 won't matter to a lot of republicans.

Yea, I mean the fact that 86% of people think Biden is too old, 62% of people think Trump is too old, but somehow only 35% of Republicans believe that Trump is too old leads me to believe that the average votes along party lines were like:

Independent:
Trump is too old
Biden is too old

Democrat:
Trump is too old
Biden is too old

Republican:
Trump is NOT too old
Biden is too old

What a coincidence, right?

I'm still curious why Luvnit thinks Biden will be dead in November though...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 86% of voters think Biden is too old for a 2nd term - CJD - 02-12-2024, 05:05 PM