Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
86% of voters think Biden is too old for a 2nd term
(02-12-2024, 07:46 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You make some fair points regarding Biden and the other theories about his presidency.  We will, of course, see who ends up being correct.  As for Biden getting the same kind of support he did in 2020, I think you're off by quite a bit.  The economy isn't great and inflation has been insane during his presidency.  Whether it's his fault or not won't matter.  I do not live paycheck to paycheck and I have noticed a significant increase in my expenses on things such as groceries and gas.  I can only imagine how people who are living more hand to mouth are coping, much less feeling about voting for Biden again.  At the end of the day the threat of Trump is not tangible, in that it doesn't directly affect the every day lives of our fellow citizens.  There's going to be a significant number of people who will vote for Trump based on the perception of enjoying better economic times during his presidency.

This may be my bias talking, but I feel like if you could stomach voting for Trump in 2020, you probably would have voted for him. Biden was not popular or seen as any kind of savior in 2020. He was just "not Trump."

And he's still "not Trump" in 2024.

Maybe the economy will make independents just not bother voting, which could result in Trump winning, but if we see record breaking turnout or near it, like we did in 2020, I think it will be entirely because of the same anti-Trump phenomenon as in 2020, considering he has gotten significantly worse since he lost the election.

Among single issue voters polled by NBC in November 2023, Protection of democracy and abortion are the top 2 most important issues for the 2024 election, and both of those issues heavily favor Biden.

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/meetthepressblog/poll-democracy-abortion-are-top-priorities-single-issue-voters-rcna126225

I'm not saying Biden is a good candidate and I can't speak to exactly how the economy is doing. I have also noticed the increase of groceries, but I also noticed my 401k is sky rocketing. Inflation is down, and costs of goods usually lag behind that, so we'll see if grocery bills get better as the year goes on.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 86% of voters think Biden is too old for a 2nd term - CJD - 02-12-2024, 11:59 PM