Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
86% of voters think Biden is too old for a 2nd term
(02-13-2024, 02:00 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Exactly how important are "single issue" voters?  Are they a sizeable voting block that reliably predict outcomes?  Not seeing inflation on that list has me thinking it's a bunch of bullshit.  

Not sure. I looked for "independent" voters but no studies immediately popped up. I think enthusiasm and/or concern among independents will determine this election. If people consider the threat to democracy posed by Trump as significant, I think turn out will be good. If people have become numb to Trump and just think he and Biden are essentially the same, then turn out will probably be down, in which case Trump has a significantly better shot.

Quote:Inflation is absolutely not down.  It's still far higher under Biden than it was under Trump.

Biden's average inflation rate is over double that of Trump's.  Saying inflation is down is like saying Biden produced jobs, when what really happened was an end to the pandemic lockdowns and boatloads of people returning to the workforce.  Saying inflation is down now is garbage propaganda, you're far too smart to buy that, or to be repeating it.

Coming out of the pandemic, we all knew inflation would be high, so they are down relative to 2021 and 2022. It's not propaganda. It's just what it is. Comparing Biden's term to Trump's term are apples to oranges. 

But your sentiment is correct in that people who would blame Biden for those high inflation numbers will definitely not be happy if they compare the inflation numbers from Biden's term to the inflation numbers from Trump's term.

My concern is not about whether Biden or Trump would have created a better inflation number as we recovered from the pandemic. That's dabbling in hypotheticals and imagination. My concern is the perception that Biden's inflation numbers will have on the voting public.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 86% of voters think Biden is too old for a 2nd term - CJD - 02-13-2024, 04:17 PM